Thank you for choosing Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Center. To schedule
or cancel a procedure, please call us at (248) 273-9930 ext. 3010. To
request an appointment online, click here.
What do I need to bring the day of my procedure?
- Your insurance card(s).
- Driver’s License or Photo ID.
- A list of your current medications.
- A portion of your procedure payment.
- Leave valuables and jewelry at home.
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothes.
- Plan to arrive at the center 45 minutes prior to the procedure. You should expect a stay of two to three hours total.
- If you’re younger than 18, you must have a parent or guardian
accompany you to sign your paperwork. If you are an adult who is unable
to sign the consent, you must have someone with you who is authorized to
sign on your behalf.
- Bring the name and phone number of the person (must be 16 years or
older with a valid driver’s license) who will be taking you home. You
will not be permitted to drive, take a taxi alone or leave the center
without an adult chaperone.
- Complete any forms given to you by the doctor’s office, and bring them with you on the day of your procedure.
When you arrive:
- Please notify the receptionist of your arrival. Your insurance card/Medicare card will be copied and returned to you.
- A nurse will talk with you and record your vital signs, allergies and other patient information.
- An IV will be started so we may give you intravenous medication.
This medication will help you relax and make you feel more comfortable.
- If you are having an upper endoscopy, you will have to remove any dentures or partial plates just prior to the procedure.
- Your family/driver must wait in our waiting room and must accompany you home after your recovery period.
- Ample parking is available.
After your procedure:
- You will rest for a short time in our recovery room until the effects of the medication wear off.
- The doctor will tell you what he or she found and give you verbal and written discharge instructions.